Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving

I know it's a day early, but wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving before we all get to busy to say it. It seems like it came faster than last year, but I believe we feel this way every year when the Holidays come.

Today we awoke to snow! The kids have no school so we are all getting ready for Turkey day. All the animals are hiding in the barn. Except.....

Ms. Lovey Duck. Who I believe actually likes to play in the snow. She waddles around and flaps her wins and wiggles her little tail. The rest of the animals on Cranberry Acre thinks she is off her rocker, but I think it is absolutely wonderful. 
Pure joy when everyone else is frowning.... that is just simply great.

My new up cycled Christmas Tree! I'm so proud of this one. I didn't think it would be possible but we did it and the best part..

It lights up from the inside of the bowls! I may try this again in the future but what a bear this was.

HOMEMADE CRANBERRY SAUCE

This is so easy to make and tastes so much better than coming out of a can in my opinion.
You will need:
1 bag of fresh cranberries
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of water

This recipe takes only about 5 min. to prepare. First you add everything to a pan.

Now you want this mixture to boil but not burn. I usually set my stove to right below a boiling temp when doing this.

when it starts to boil, stir the mixture every once in awhile to make sure nothing is sticking. Now for the fun part ( at least for me and the kids) watching the berries POP !
Yes they will pop and this usually takes right around 4 to 5 min to pop every berry.
Remove from heat and let cool. 
You then will put in a bowl and let it chill.

You now have fresh cranberry sauce!

Everyone have a safe and happy Thanksgiving from everyone here on 
Cranberry acre. 









No comments:

Post a Comment