Monday, May 12, 2014

New Babies in the house!!!!

A House Full of Chirps!
 
It has been a fun full week. I was pretty busy getting ready for the opening dat at the Farmer's Market in Independence. One day sewing and the next re purposing objects!
Our new bird feeders!!! These have been so much fun to make and they were a hit at the Market! I will have some of these up for sale on my Etsy store very soon.
 

Also last week we were waiting for our new babies to arrive. Seemed like Thursday would never come, but it did and now we have 10 new babies. In this group we have 4 new pets, the kids and I have agreed on naming the other chicks, Dinner 1 thru 6!
Ms. Ayla watching TV with here new chick "Chocolate", yes I said Chocolate and her other chick is Fudge!
When getting ready for Market, I started the Dryer so clothes would be ready to fold when I got home. Ms. Griffin LOVES the dryer, because she gets her morning facial that way. She will stand under the vent until it stops making sure she gets every side of her face. One very silly goat!
At the Market on Friday I came home with the much anticipated Silky chicks from a friend at the market. Wyatt has been missing his Silky chick since she passed last Fall and just could not wait to receive one again. It was an emotional thing for him. He now is the proud owner of Copper the Silky chick!
Ayla kept changing Charcoal's name every chance she could get, but it has stayed Charcoal( Coal for short ), for at least a day, so we are good!
My laundry room has become a nursery again, filled with little chirps and squeaks, I love it!
I do not know who it is, but one of the Stooges ( Curly or Larry ), is laying eggs. Only problem is she is laying it where ever she wants, so I do not think they are fertile, so I am air drying them due to their neat shape, I kinda like them.
 
Couldn't help myself and on Saturday I ran out to the Goodwill and found some new glass to play with!!!! These are going to be so pretty!
 
On Mother's Day my children presented me with this pretty sculpture from Willow Tree. I love these sculptures a lot. Wayne said the kids picked it and paid for it themselves, it is called "Grateful". I will say, yes I did tear up!
The new babies yesterday got to meet some of the flock. Ms. Red was very interested in them and would cluck at them and lay near them. I think she wants to be a mother. Later on this day lets just say the goats wanted a better look and let them out of the cage! I had to clothes pins on the door. JoJo and Griffin pinched them open and let the babies out. Copper and Coal were fine and the flock loved them. We were able by the end of the night to get them back in he cage, to go back to the nursery.
Ms. Ayla on Mother's Day, decided to get up with me in the morning to help me plant tomatoes and pull weeds from the garden. It was a long morning but we have the plants in and the garden weeded before we get this rain this week. I am so trying to be ahead of the weeds this year. We will see!
Our radishes are up, okra is also coming up and the kale has started to poke it's head out of the ground. I even saw some corn trying to get out, everything seems to be quit happy in the garden. We will be planting cucumbers and squash in the next week or two. Everything seems to be good.
 
Life as a chicken!
Ms. Silver laid out all day, like a lady at the Beach. she had a buddy,
 
Red would join if the Stooges wouldn't come over to step on her. These two just laid around all day, to be a pet chicken on Cranberry Acre is a wonderful life!
As I said it was a busy week here on Cranberry Acre and will be again this week.
 
 

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Remember to post pics of your vendor aprons next week! They are sooo neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had pic's up on the "Things for Sale" page, but they are all sold! They are still posted, but have sold written by them. Working on the new ones now!! Thanks Martha and hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete