Monday, May 19, 2014

I have no goats on my stairs!!!!

The day is finally here!
 

 
We have had a pretty productive week, yet again at Cranberry Acre. I didn't think, do to time, that we would get this fence moved until Fall, but here it is in the back of my Suburban!
If you remember I have battling the goats on my back stairs.
 
( Winter )
 
Bringing in wood, putting clothes on the line or just trying to simply get out the door!
 
The idea for the fence was to split the back yard into two fields. A Spring and Summer one, then a Fall to Winter field, but we wanted to be able to have the goats go in the barn if they needed to. The solution was to try and make a swing gate to separate the fields at the door of our barn.
 
My husband, Wayne marked all the areas that the poles were going with spray paint X's and measured out our new perimeter. I was so excited!
 
 
He then started digging out each hole and setting them with concrete.
 
This is the swing gate that will separate each field and still allow the animals back in the barn when they need to be. We had to purchase a gate, but we reused most everything else from the old fence line.
My fence is away from my stairs and we have reclaimed some yard back on the side of the house. My husband decided to go ahead and buy an extra gate, so we would have doors for each field. I'm so happy, no more goat Poo on the stairs! The goats.....Well not so happy, it was their sun bathing stairs, so they were not so happy the first morning and we did hear about it.
 
After my first day at the Market I needed new supplies, so I went and had a me day on Monday. I went junking! It was so much fun and I found so much.
I love Junking!
Now I'm having to find time to turn all of this into Bird feeders, but I have gotten almost all of it drilled and ready to go.
 
The babies. these are Wyatt's little babies, Spot and Tiger. They were so cute, but just couldn't stay still. They were jumping and fluttering around in his lap. He told me, "It's Frustrating they just don't listen!" I could only laugh, he knows how I feel as a Mom!
 
Now Ayls's babies, Fudge and Chocolate, they are a different story. They sit in her lap and just fall asleep. Chocolate has started to sleep on her side. I have never seen a chick do that every single time she goes to sleep. We will have to get her a blanket and a bed if she keeps this up.
 
On Sunday Coal and Copper, got to play in the pasture with the big girls. They were good, but the Stooges were not impressed with the strangers and would run up to them with the feathers fluffed out. Coal would just sit there while Copper would look for the cage. I eventually let the girls into the chicken yard so they could play, but keep a safe distance from the Stooges.
 
My husband and I moved the old Guinea house out into the pasture. For awhile the goats could not get up on top until my husband put a stump behind it so they could jump on it. They fight all day to see who will get the honor of standing up there.This time it was their victory!
 
The other stumps, Wayne decided to make a new picnic table with chairs. He used the top off of an old picnic table and attached it to the the larger stump. I am now on the hunt for foam so I can make comfy stools out of the other four. Can't wait to get this done.
 
My Gala trees survived and we have fruit, lots of fruit. It was so nice to see after all those low temps we were getting.
Our Peach tree also looks like it will be giving us fruit this year also. Hopefully this year that crazy rot will not happen, that seemed to hit everyone in this area, because I want Peach Butter this year. I'm down to my last jar. The rest of the garden is doing okay. We had some surprising low temps these past few days and I think we may have gotten some frost. My tomatoes look yucky, but I will see if the bounce back, but everything else looks good.
 
 
Of course I was in the sewing room. Have gotten a lot done and will be posting some new stuff on my Etsy store.
If you live around the area swing by the Farmer's Market in Independence, would love to sit and chit, chat with you, plus all the local goods are amazing!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment