Monday, April 7, 2014

We got it built !

Time to work
 
It took the weekend, but the fence is finally built. Thanks to our friends who helped us get the pallets needed to build the rest of the fence. We couldn't of gotten it done so fast without your help. I know the chickens and the Stooges are not pleased with the fence, but I am and Thank you! We now wait till I have a little cash in hand again so I can get paint! 
 
 
My husband did a great job putting this together for me, I couldn't have gotten it done this fast without his help!
Saturday was filled of my daughter and I picking up the large rocks that had surfaced from the Winter, everyone hates this chore, but it needs to be done to save our tiller from an untimely death. I also ran out to get our berry bushes. I have been wanting berries but had not figured out yet where I would put them. When we enclosed the garden we had a nice place for some berries,
right between the compost and the cold frame. Works for me, so we now have 4 blackberry bushes and we also have 2 raspberry bushes.
Which are by my strawberry box.
With the new changes in the Orchard area we have decided that we will let the chickens and the Stooges run out with the goats in the pasture. Ms. Silver loved the idea but the Stooges, plus one, hated it!
The Guineas screamed for a good 15 min or so. Every time a car came by they would run to the fence and scream at it! Ms. Red would run with them to confront the car, when finding the car was gone, they would run to the far corner of the pasture to try and get back into the Orchard. It was a very long day of the Stooges screaming at cars. Took all afternoon for them to calm down enough to see they had so much more room to run, then everything seemed to be fine. I never saw birds so happy to get back into a chicken yard as these 4 did.
I went ahead and removed the peach trees from the cold frame, so I could start putting seedlings in it Saturday. Now I need to cut the 2 dead trees down in the Orchard and plant at least one of these back in the ground. I'm trying to find a home for the other tree. I'm sure it will find a home soon.
The rest of Cranberry Acre was sleepy and really enjoying the sunshine. While the Stooges were having there panic attack, the goats laid out in the sun, chewing cud and sleeping.
Even Queen Bee, Ms. Bella took a rest from bulling everyone around to enjoy the sun, but Ms. Sparkles she sat in the barn door making sure she could see everyone and slept with one eye open all afternoon.
 
I was blessed on Saturday with the
arrival of free potatoes!  I will probably wait a bit for planting, the ground is still so cold and I don't want them to sit and rot in the ground. In a couple of weeks I think they will go in.
 A friend had to many and came by the house to drop some off, I love my neighbors!
 
 Ms. Ayla loves to play in the dirt. After I was done planting berries, she decided to stay out there and play in my seed start soil, well everything was well until a spider about the size of a nickel dropped in her hair.
She had run into the house like she had been shot in the bum! She didn't say much breathing pretty  heavily she then told me that she was playing in the dirt when a spider got in her hair. I wish I could have seen in, but I probably would have freaked out also!
 
I haven't really talked much about the animals that live in our home here at Cranberry Acre, but this is Mr. Fussy, an albino Oscar. Mr. Fussy is right around 5 years old and I thought these past few weeks we were going to loose him. Yes, it's just a fish, but it would have sucked to have lost him, the personality of this fish is not one I've ever seen before and I would have missed his angry face when he felt it was to early to turn on a light. I dumped a bunch of fish meds in his water and crossed my fingers, even gave him goldfish to pep him up. Well I am happy to say, all the gold fish are gone and he is grumpy as ever. Maybe we will have him for another 5 years!
Have to share some finds I got this past Saturday, some picture frames for $4.00, I have ideas on what to do with these guys will share soon.
Also 10 pieces of Wedgwood for $2.00
Yes there are big plans for these little guys also. Plus some old Silver spoons that my sister and I found at a thrift store for $3.00, we split the batch and these are going to go with my teacups, can't wait to show you all!

The Garden Apron
I have finished a Garden apron, but this one is also sold, but wanted you all to see what it looked like. It had taken a long time to get the design of this so it worked for almost everyone. One of my best sellers when I was sewing all the time.  I will have some up very soon for purchasing on my Etsy store.
 The same customer also wanted one of my bags if I had enough fabric left over, so I made one of my Market Bags.
 I was asked to also bring these back if I started to sew again, they were also a hit, great for going to the market or store. I will have these also for sale soon on my Etsy store.

Monday morning we woke to rain, and I mean soaking rain, which is good for my transplants, but not good to work in, so I stay in the sewing room today!
We had a busy and productive weekend on Cranberry Acre, but there is so much more to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment