Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter Weekend!

Hope you all had a great Easter!
 
Sorry I'm a day late, we actually went out of state to celebrate Easter with family.
We had a great time in Florida. The humidity is something  I just couldn't live with at all, but the kids loved it. I love my mountain breezes!

They got to swim all Easter weekend long!
We had a great time, but I missed Cranberry Acre and all it's critters very much. I hate being away from home, but getting away is needed time to time.
Was so nice to see everyone, we were greeted by the critters and then led to the barn by them, so everyone could get fed. It was way past dinner and they were going to let us know.
My two hens were just so happy to be let out of the chicken yard so they could hunt for bugs in the pasture. They clucked away for hours.
After getting almost everything unpacked from our long weekend, I was anxious to see how the orchard was, since when we had left we were having frost almost every morning. I was greeted with the prettiest pear blooms from all three of pear trees. My apples have not bloomed yet and my peach tree I believe will give us fruit this year.
 
This morning baby boy and
 
baby girl greeted me as I went outside. I am so glad to be home with everyone.
 
There is so much to get done and I am feeling a little overwhelmed with it all. Planning on getting my potatoes in this week along with my early greens. Planting and sewing as always!
Sorry that there wasn't more to say, but due to us being gone, I don't know what the farm was up to really.
I am going to change my dates on the Blog for the week AGAIN!!! With the planting season upon me and the Farmer's Market getting ready to start there is just little time to be spent on a computer. So I am going to try every MONDAY! to put out a new post. From time to time I may add some things to my pages and I will let everyone know of that when I do, but like I said my cup is getting pretty full at the moment.
 
I will leave you today with a gorgeous picture of Ms. Silver. On our walk last night she followed me around the property just talking away, she stopped looked at the Spring and ran over to it. I guess she got pretty thirsty telling ,me the tales of what had happened when I was gone.
 I just love this bird!

No comments:

Post a Comment