Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Garden Fence

I'm going to get my fence!

 
I have been wanting a fence to go around the garden in the Orchard to help my seedlings to get to a size that my Dinosaur Guineas wouldn't trample them. We just didn't have it in the Budget this year ( I will get to the Budget thing soon). I kinda have had it on the back burner with everything else that needed to get done, moving the fence, adding on to the woodshed, milking shed and so many other things that we would like to get to but will probably not have time to do before Winter( It's a big list). Fence for Garden, well didn't really make it, I thought. Yesterday while I was walking around checking on the wind damage of our trees, I noticed one of my neighbors had a growing pile of wooden pallets, I have seen on Pinterest and other web sites where pallets were being used, so I drove over to the neighbors to ask about their pallets. I have 13 pallets and the beginning of a fence! These will get at least half of my fence done, but that is better than none. Didn't cost me anything but $20 for screws! Wayne is getting screws for me today, so I will be making a fence tomorrow!
 
The girls still wanted to help me with the fence, oh yes and Mr. Luther.
Yesterday was a long day, but very productive. Aprons were made and pallets were found for a fence!
On inspection of the Orchard I found my only peach tree is about to burst, it's so pretty, I can't wait to see the first leaves come out on it!
I went to the spring also and found a mess. All the leaves from our Chestnut tree have bogged it up.
I feel like there is a chore for two children in the future, because this, this is going to be very messy!
 
Can't tell you what it was that was under the barn that was so good but Ms. Bella just couldn't give up. This coming from a goat that hates to work for anything. She was at this for at least 25 min. and her legs must have gotten tired because she ended up like this.
One of the most laziest critters here on Cranberry Acre!
 
Our day on Monday, ended with a game of follow the leader.
Puffy Cheeks and Short Stuff thought it would be so much fun to follow Ms. Griffin, she wasn't pleased at all. She kept turning around and chasing them, but those two girls would wait for her to turn her back, and off they went. This time a couple of feet behind as if not to be noticed, but they were. Never a dull moment at all.
 
Our weeping willow tree has leaves! This is my husbands favorite tree or neighbor bought this tree for him about 3 years ago, it's been doing great.
 
Nothing says happy like a cat taking a dust bath!
Mr. Bayne rolled in the dirt for a good 5 to 6 mins., until he was interrupted by screaming Guineas!

Larry and Curly, just couldn't leave Mr. Bayne to his dust bath, I guess they though it wasn't fair for him to be having all the fun, because they stopped screaming after he left!
 

This is my peaceful view of our farm, I love moments like this when everyone is at peace and just doing what they do best, EAT!

Ms. Sparkles watched from the barn, making sure everyone was okay, but she really wanted to go to bed, but couldn't even find a chicken willing to roost.
 
My two favorite barn critters!
Ms. Ayla and Mr. Luther, I can never get enough of these two loving on each other. It's so darn cute!
 
Wednesday Morning!
 
This morning I really didn't know what to do first! So pretty today and I now have screws to do the fence with, Thanks to my husband Wayne. We started the fence!
I am taking the pallets and zig zagging them together, attaching them to each other with 3 inch screws! I should say my husband is, he was there so, I used him.
Ms. Sparkle made sure he was doing things right! She always has to be there when something is going on in the barnyard.
 This is where we are right now with the fence. I will need about six more pallets to complete the fence. I am going to use two old window frames for the doors to the garden. I also plan to paint the fence, I wanted all sorts of colors, but Wayne is thinking white. I agreed, but in exchange I get a red barn! Plus I think I m going to have the kids build birdhouses and paint them all sorts of bright colors to put on the fence, so I get my colors anyway.
 
I have a new occupant in the barn, a pair of Starlings have made a nest, to cool! Saw them this morning as I was letting the dog out. They have their nest in that hole, I thought I had heard something in there just wasn't sure what it was.
 
 I made a new apron, but it is sold. I wanted to share what it looked like since the style of it will be one I will doing on Etsy to sell. This is my "I'm so Pretty" Apron!
Reminds me of a dress. They will soon be available on Etsy, but in different colors. Every apron I do is a one of a kind, I hate to repeat fabric in the same item, makes creating it boring. I will tell you all when it is available but wanted to show you a sneak peek of it.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment