Friday, April 4, 2014

Spring Fever in the Air

Spring Fever
 
Cranberry Acre has been all sorts of movement in the past few day. The trees are at the point of getting leaves and I can't wait to be in the dirt! I was right in saying the other day my Lilac was turning green, but had know idea that it was getting ready to have flowers.
I can't wait to smell the Lilac when I open my bedroom window.
Also ready to burst with flowers is my Japanese Magnolia, it has such pretty flowers when it blooms. Right now it looks like a tree with lipstick tubes all over it.
Along with my Spring Fever the goats have been crazy weird. They had a meeting of the minds last night, over what I really have no clue, but it turned them crazy!
They stood over the concrete blocks for awhile, showing off their might and really it was all my Does that were crazy. Poor Luther had no idea what was going on, he would just rub his chin on the cement and watch everyone else butt heads.
Was funny to watch the little man, as everyone else jumped and bounded across the field, he was so lost! Spring Fever had got everyone but him, so he watched. Then his mother JoJo decided to use him as a foot rest.
He was pretty ill with the idea and kept knocking her off the stairs, but she repeated the dirty deed over and over again until his sister got involved, so he left for the barn, as if to say "enough is enough and you girls have lost your minds".
Ms. Griffin and her mother then proceeded to fight over the matter.
As I said Spring Fever on the farm! Poor Luther had, had enough and decided to go to bed early, Bless his little heart.
This morning we woke to the same drama as last night, Does butting heads and poor Luther keeping his distance from the crazies!
My lovely husband is already working on the pallet fence this morning and hopes to have it done for me. I am off this morning to a Farmer's Market meeting, so will not be here to help with MY fence.
 
I have wonderful friends who helped us get more pallets! So we have some more to do the fence. I left my husband this morning he was working on my fence hanging my new gates.
These are the gates made from old broken windows! Great idea and worked so well.
I had to leave the girls, Oh yes and Mo, in the chicken run today. Let's say Ms. Silver wasn't such a happy chicken this morning. Wouldn't be the first time she was cursing at me in chicken.
I am proud to say that I will be a part of the Farmer's Market in Independence! It is a great little market and the people are just as crazy as I am. I can't wait. I have sold at other market's but this one feels like a good fit, so I will be there this year to try it out!
While I was gone, my husband had finished MY fence,
Well almost, we are lacking 3 pallets to finish it, but we will get them, I am sure.
I even have my own custom fancy door latch, made with old motorcycle parts!
 

Love it! He thinks of everything.
He decided that the fence needed more support so about every 2 pallets he put a metal fence stack and a chain to wrap around the pallet. We had some old fence stacks from an older fence that we could use and I believe I owe Wayne some chain, because that came from his garage!
Also to my surprise Wayne, fixed the little goat house!
It was leaking every time it rained, so he took off the old boards and put down tar paper and new boards! The girls will love it, oh yes and Mr. Luther. Time for planting and sewing!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment