Monday, April 14, 2014

Gloomy Hot Day!

Humid weather!
 
Today is a day that you just don't know what it's going to do, rain and be cloudy or cloudy with a hint of sun and no rain. The animals here on Cranberry Acre, I think feel the same way. The humidity today is what is killing me. The house gets sticky, so you want to open the windows, but if you open the windows and it rains, well floors are wet! Yesterday was a perfect day, warm but a nice dry breeze.
Luther has been one of the ones who just doesn't care what's happening outside, as long as there is grass, he will be outside eating it! The rest of the herd has spent most of the morning laying in the barn, awaiting the rain.
Short Stuff and Puffy Cheeks made there way outside pretty early this morning. The wind today is brutal and I watched it push these two around the yard, but they never seem to care to much about the wind.
Thinking I would be nice today I decided to let the girls and Mo out in the pasture with the goats, well Silver decided to go outside with no problems, but these four, I wanted to choke them!
Imagine me running around after these four just to get them out the door to greener pastures. Then Ms. Jojo and Ms. Griffin decide they must join in the fun. My pen is only maybe a 15x15 area, so it was not fun. In this chase, Jojo, found some hot buffalo wing poppers that I had given the chickens, well she thought these were great, so I was battling her while trying to shew 4 birds out of the pen! I really think when God went to give Guineas their brains he sneezed and missed them!
Larry was the first to make it out and then it took me another 15min of wrestling goats at the door and trying to shew birds out that same door to get everyone out in the pasture.
I could have cooked them all!!!
Ms.JoJo, just sat there and starred at those buffalo chicken poppers, really trying hard to figure out how to get them. I am almost expecting to go outside after writing this and find a goat climbing the pen! One of the strangest goats I ever met, she loves Cheeseburgers, yes I said cheeseburgers. I think she is the type of goat that people saw when they decided, that goats would eat anything, because this one, will!
My Japanese Magnolia has finally bloomed all over. The bees this weekend were just in love with it and my peach tree! So glad the little guess are out and about. I went and helped out at the Farmers Market in Independence this weekend, and I'm so excited to start the Season next month! Just hope my garden will be ready!
I finally have a Garden Apron done that will be up for sale soon on my Etsy site. I love the colors on this one a lot. If I didn't already own one,I probably would own this one!
I also had time this weekend to draw up a pattern for one of my most favorite aprons, or dress, or shirt, depends what you like to wear! I made the first one too small, so Ayla is the proud owner of a new apron. I believe she is going to use it as a shirt.
I have always wanted one, but the pattern is so hard to find, due to it being out of print, so a friend who also would like one of these, directed me to a Japanese site that had a pattern for free! Well in looking at the pattern and doing the measurements, I realized how small the adult size was, and me being not child like in size, decided to make a new pattern, now that I know how the pattern works, it should be a lot easier!
Ayla was so excited about wearing it that she was going to wear it to school, then decided against it when she remembered it was art today!
So I  am back at the drafting table with a better idea of size and how I would like to change the design yet again! There goes another bed sheet!
 

2 comments: