Friday, April 11, 2014

Pretty Spring Day!!!

What a pretty Day!
 
You would think with such a pretty day ahead of me that I would spend the whole day planting seeds, well I had chores, so later today I will probably do such a thing, but didn't get a chance earlier this morning. The goats were sleeping when I got back from chores and I believe they have probably been doing that all day. I would if I were a goat!
I am just in love with my peach tree and was so happy to see bees buzzing around it's blooms. There is hope for fruit this year!
My horseradish came back! It was another one of my late transplants and really didn't think it would come back, but there it is. Hardy little plant.
The girls decided that they would go ahead and make themselves at home in my compost bin. Soooo I now have shavings about 5 feet from the compost bin. I guess I can look at it as them fertilizing the yard, but truly it's a mess!
Strawberries!!!! They survived the rage of a dust bath by the Stooges. They are now coming back with a vengeance and I really can't wait to eat them.
This is all the wood I have in my house....and....
This is the wood left in my woodshed! As you can see nothing. One thing that sucks about living on an acre, is you do not have any woods to cut down. So during the Summer you either cut fallen trees from neighbors yards or you buy it. I am truly crossing my fingers there are no more cold nights or we are buying wood. This is not in the budget for extra wood, so we may be wearing more blankets and wool socks, if it gets cold.
Larry and Curly decided to help me with the digging up of the dead peach tree, by taking a dust bath. Well at least the tree is good for something right now. The girls just love it! They have claimed at their own and have been chasing poor Mo away every time he comes to join. Poor little one eyed guinea.
Had to show you some things that one of my friends gave me. They are some old tin trays. I really do not know what I will do with these, but I absolutely love the colors an believe they will find a home in my kitchen!
She finally bloomed. By this weekend the whole tree will be covered in these purple blooms. It is such a pretty tree and I'm always surprised that the colors are so vibrant! Just so Pretty!
Daddy Sparrow made an appearance long enough for me to snap a picture, about darn time! He was checking on the Female Sparrow as she was putting feathers in the nesting box. They are so funny, every time I go out to the garden, they fly away from the box and start singing, then they gradually make their way back to the box. They always have one eye on me at all times.
 
 

One of my projects for the weekend, a Garden Apron. I also will be making soil blocks for some late season tomatoes. Another busy weekend here at Cranberry Acre.

No comments:

Post a Comment