Thursday, February 12, 2015

Happiness

A Blind Duck in a Tub

I haven't been on here in weeks. The farm is at a slow point of just trying to maintain and survive the cold. I believe everyone is doing that right now. I spend my Winter months catching up on projects in the sewing room and getting new designs ready for the new season. I took a moment today to make a critter on the farm very happy. Ms. Lovey duck the past few days has been not as happy, so I decided to cheer her up a little. Her Spring during the Winter becomes a mud pit and I do not want to disturb the mud, because we have a lot of salamanders Wintering in it. What do you do to make a blind duck happy? Well kill to birds with one stone!

You give a duck a bath and clean your bathroom at the same time!

She had gotten so dirty playing in the mud and looked so pitiful, so I decided a detail cleaning of the bathroom was in order and the duck was going in the tub.

She has turned the bathroom into a mess, but what a happy duck!


She has been swimming now for about a half an hour and is just loving it. The little things in life give us the best rewards. If a duck could smile I think she would.






No comments:

Post a Comment