Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Looks like I'm starting to Slip a Little

Where does the time go?

There are new items on the "Things for sale" page

I have lost track of time again! The kids started school two weeks ago and it seems like the week is gone before I know it. Again I apologize that I did not get this out on Monday. This is such a busy time of year here on Cranberry Acre. Everything in the garden is getting ready to be harvested and the Season for Craft Shows is getting ready to also Start! Where does the time go?
Our pretty tomatoes are finally coming in so I am able to can some for this Winter. We had only been getting enough in the past few weeks to just have a sandwich or two, but now we are finally able to can some. They are so pretty when they are canned.
We are starting to get our canning shelves full again! 

Last week we had so much rain, but after the rain we were sort of over run with these butterflies. One of them landed on our porch, but most of them were out back in the mud getting a drink. Nature is so pretty, I thought I would try to get a picture to share it's beauty.

No one really got out in the rain much. Most of the time the goats would stand in the barn and wait for it to stop. They would run outside and then when it started again would fight to get back in the barn. Now the front entrance looks like a mosh pit!

Sunshine ( our crooked beaked girl ) is doing great! She has been eating fine and has no problems with the other hens. She is a very sweet little bird and will run to the gate when we come outside. 

The babies this week have figured out how to get into the Orchard! I have figured out how they are doing it, but now have to wait and buy some fence so I can fix the gate area that they use. Right now they are having a blast and have figured out what a grape is. They love grapes!

Still trying to understand why a duck would like a bowl of water to bath in, when she has a Spring to play in? Even when it was raining her butt was camped in front of this bowl taking a bath. I truly have no idea.

Sparkles was found this morning day dreaming. I walked up to her and scared her to death after this picture. I think she was asleep.

I didn't get many sunflowers this year in the garden. It may not have gotten warm enough for them, but here are some that have finally bloomed. None of my giants made it so we will not have seeds this year for the birds or chickens. Oh well maybe next year.

Someone wanted his picture taken this morning. Luther followed me around this morning biting my pants. I guess he wanted to tell everyone hello.

I have been pretty busy these past few weeks with the Farmer's Market and trying to get things canned. Here are some new items that I have been working on and will be at the Market this week. 

Tea Cup bird feeder ( $20.00 )

Vintage glass bird feeder ( $25.00 )

Utility half apron ( $25.00 )
I will have these on my Etsy store soon, but if someone wants to buy them before I get the chance to put them on, then contact me.
Will end the Blog with a beautiful little girl.
Ms. Puffy Cheeks!











No comments:

Post a Comment