Monday, July 7, 2014

Can't wait to feel better!!!

Not a lot to say
 
I really haven't been able to do much at all due to the Lyme. My brain has felt like doing stuff but my energy level is very low still. I am amazed on how much you are tired from this. My headaches seem to be less, which I am grateful for that! I am sorry that I haven't been able to do much which then doesn't allow me to write much here on the Blog.
 
I did however go into the sewing room to start designing a shirt! I have talked about doing this for awhile and now I have the time.
I also had some time to assemble some more bird feeders, so not all my time was a total loss.
We had a couple of cool nights and I had gone out to the garden and picked green beans to can. The kids last night joined me in the picking and this is one of our bags of beans!
 
I was going to can this morning but lost my window of opportunity with the cool morning, so will try again tomorrow. I will have pictures up for the step by step of canning beans when I do them.
 
Since the passing of Moe, the girls have taken to sitting on their nest. They actually have pushed the chickens off the nest now and will sit all day on them. Our cat Mr. Bayne has become their mortal enemy also since Moe's passing.
 
A typical morning will go like this, Mr. Bayne walks into the pasture to investigate.....
 
Hears Curly and Larry chit chatting and tries to run before being noticed.
 
This time Curly came out to make sure he was gone, screaming the whole time about her own little victory. Every morning we go through this, I'm hoping the neighbors don't complain about the victory songs!
I've been trying to get out to the chicken coop so I can clean it out before the new babies get out there, but have failed due to the lack of energy. I have finally in the past few days decided to let the babies interact with the rest of the flock by putting them out in the chicken yard. There is still a fence between them but they are able to interact with everyone still.
 
That huge squash plant is producing these! I have no clue what it is but it's pretty.
 
( Peek a Boo )
 
Mr. Luther trying to scratch his own ear. He is so funny, he gets so into scratching his own ear that usually he falls over, so he has discovered if he leans close enough to the fence he is fine.
 
Ms. Red taking a rest in the sun. She fights for this spot with Silver and usually loses, but this time Silver was to busy scratching the barn floor to notice.
Victory for Ms. Red!
 
Explain to me please why Lovey likes to sit next to the water dish to drink when she has a wonderful creek to drink and play in? I have no clue! She sits there most of the day eating bugs that cross her path and drinking from the water dish. No clue but she seems to be happy with it.
 
The other day we kept hearing a wood pecker, but couldn't find one. Well we finally saw him for the first time last week.
Such a pretty bird and loud also.
I do hope this week I am able to do more, but I am learning it is also very good to just rest with having Lyme. I apologize for the bland Blog at the moment and hope to be outside more this week enjoying our little farm.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment