Monday, July 21, 2014

Getting Pretty Busy

Fruits and Veggies are coming in fast!
 
Things here on our little farm are starting to burst at the seams! I have been canning our green beans the past few days and started looking that we need to also start canning our tomatoes. Just seems like we have so much to do here and not enough time to do it all.
 
Wyatt and Ayla went to the garden this morning to pick the last of our beans. The plants are done so the kids are pulling the plants and starting a pile of plants for the chickens to play in today. I love using every little bit we can in our garden and another way of doing that is using our plants as food for the chickens and goats when the plants are done producing!
 
Our peaches are now ready for us to pick and can also. SO we have that to do this week and the potatoes in the garden are ready for us to dig out and can also. It will be a very busy week for us here on Cranberry Acre!
A little bit of non work in our garden is the pretty flowers we have planted. I love planting them when we have the space to do so. Brings such color to a garden. Here are my Zinnia's, I have the pin wheel Zinnias and the pom pom ones, I love them all!
 
Update on our little wimpy chick. She seems to be doing well now and has made it back out to her flock. I'm starting to think she does this on purpose to come back inside, because she will now follow my children and I and come when she is called. She has now been named  " Little Bit".
 
"Can you see me?"
 
Ms. Puffy Cheeks, has been playing around is this bag of shavings now for at least a couple of days. At first we thought there was a rat in the bag, but to our surprise it was Ms. Puffy Cheeks!
Didn't know why until last night. Puffy is now almost 2 years old and has never laid an egg, until last night. She not only laid the one in the bag but then proceeded to lay another one out in the chicken yard only 5 min after the first one. She scared me to death! I had never heard of one doing that, but she did and Bless her heart she had a rough time with the second one, but was all better after she laid it!
 
Saturday night we left the farm to go camping at the River with some friends. This was the view I had Sunday morning, was so peaceful and calm. After the last few weeks of dealing with the tick stuff, it was nice to get away and I got to make coffee.....
 
On the fire!!! I so miss doing this and it was worth the wait.
 
Coming home Sunday, Mr. Bayne was so glad to see his family. Wyatt and Bayne fell asleep on the sofa together, it was sweet.
 
Well the babies are going to live in the coop with the Big Girls!!! I have decided after the weekend of them kinda roaming free with them that they need to get in the coop with the girls. Today we are cleaning and getting the coop ready for the new girls to start living in there. I think I am more worried about the change then they are.
 
These three have been a mess!!! Since we have gotten back they are into everything they can get into. Almost like a child trying to get attention from their parents. I believe they were not happy with us not being there this weekend and now I get to go out and spank bottoms when they get into mischief! Furry children are something else.
 
The new Stooge is Lovey the Duck!
It's official, they are now walking around together all the time and when Lovey is not there, Larry and Curly call until she has made it back to their side. Makes for a long day of Guinea calls!
 
All I can say is "Really, Really at the bottom of the stairs? In what world is the bottom of the stairs a great place to lay an egg?"
Give them boxes to lay in and they say no way and find the craziest place to lay an egg.
 
We are getting there! We probably have a couple of more loads of wood to get from the building we are tearing down and we will be done with that. Then when Wayne is done building this motorcycle he is working on, we will be starting on the milking shed for the barn! I can't wait but I do know he could.
I will leave you with this, Mr. Bayne asleep on the stairs. It's going to be one of those days, I can feel it!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment