Monday, June 30, 2014

Recovering!

Sit for Two Weeks!!!!
 
It has been a long week of back and forth to the Dr's but I believe I am done with that. That is if I listen and rest. Being a busy person by nature, it has been really hard to sit down and not do anything for the two weeks, but the alternative isn't pretty, so I'm doing my best. Plus doing things on your own, it is hard to ask others to do errands for you, but I have learned in the past week that I do need the help. Pig headed to the end I guess. I have learned that I have the best group of friends and couldn't ask for any better than them. Thank you, I love you all! I will say that in being tied down for this amount of time, it has allowed me to start painting again.
So, I am trying to sit on my butt, just so hard with so much to do!
 
On Friday we had gotten a pretty hard rain and all the birds decided it would be a great time to go out and bug hunt! The goats of course had decided they were all nutts and they would stay in the barn where it was dry!
Ms. Copper was so wet! She ran around the pasture picking up everything she could, even if it wasn't a bug! Her sister Coal, well she had other ideas.
 
She would wait under the roof line for the rain to stop and then run out to eat or she would wait for Ms. Copper to find something and snatch it from her. Silly birds!
 
Ms. Lovey had a blast in the rain, even slept in the rain. It has been really fun to have a duck in the pasture. The only creatures who were totally put out by the rain were the babies.
Oh they were so upset. They had been out in the outside cage for days, but with all the rain they had to stay in. They had their sad faces on all day.
 
Since I'm not allowed to do much, the kids have stepped up on the chores outside. The barn was in serious need of a cleaning. Ayla and Wyatt cleaned the barn this morning for me. They are such good kids, but I won't tell them that it will go to their heads.
They also had some help,
 
The goats were all up in their cleaning of the barn. The goats had fun but the kids were going nutts with all those goats fighting to get back in the barn. All you can do is laugh or at least I can.
 
I decided to let the kids take pictures of Cranberry Acre to get a different aspect of what they find interesting on the farm. The pictures are wonderful and I believe I have two amateur photographers in the family. From this point on Ayla and Wyatt took these pictures.
 
Ms. Pico taking a morning nap!
 
Ms. Lovey taking in the morning sunshine.
Our Concord grapes!
 
The crazy squash plant!!
 
Ms. Bella getting ready to take a nap!
 
Our Gala Apple tree.
 
Our first green beans of the year!
 
Luther trying to help Wyatt with the cleaning of the barn!
 
Our ancient Chestnut tree in bloom.
 
Our House Wren nest.
 
It is so neat to see what they see here on the farm. We all see things differently and it was great to see how they looked at things here on Cranberry Acre.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment