Monday, June 23, 2014

Still Fighting the Garden!!!

The Garden
 
 

Everything is growing, which is a good thing, but the weeds are breaking my back. Like I said before, when I came back from vacation the weeds had come and they haven't given up. As a farmer you get discouraged that you have kept your garden every day clean from weeds just to have a weeks time of you not being there, to ruin it all.
 
I have gone out every day and worked until my back and the heat are too much. Still has not put a dent in it at all. I am now just going to do what I can and try to live with it. We will see how this philosophy works in a weeks time. The corn loves the weather and so does the Pumpkin plant!
 
This plant I believe is going to take over my little chicken yard very soon. I think it grows a foot each day.
We also had an exciting day on Saturday with the garden. We were having a yard sale and a car decided it wanted a closer look at it. So it went crashing through the pasture gate and into the garden! Everyone was okay, the goats were upset, but we moved them back to the old pasture. We did have some plants come to an early death, but as I said everyone was okay and everything was easily fixed. What a weekend!
 
I absolutely love this Lily! It is a peach one and it always blooms later than the red one. With all this rain and humidity the flowers have just loved it!
 
On Saturday, Wayne and a friend went to get some more wood from the shed we are tearing down. We are getting closer to building our milking shed. I can't wait to start on the building.
 
Oh the babies are so big!
So not fair that they grow up so fast. We have a couple of chicks who must be mixed with something strange. They seem to have puff balls for tail feathers. I have no idea, but they are so cute running around the yard.
Ms. Puffy Cheeks showing us her better side. Silly little bird she sat and talked to me all morning and when I went to get the camera to take her picture, she gave me her butt.
 
All the goats this morning were not getting out of bed. They sat there in the barn watching me run around the pasture opening gates. It was sprinkling, so who would want to be out there?
 
It took awhile, but they finally did come out, but when they did it turned into a comedy show. JoJo, decided to stick her head in the hay bin and chew her cud. Why you may ask? Well it was still raining!
 
Then we moved to the Chestnut tree! Ms. Griffin decided to climb the tree and paw at her mom's head. JoJo was so upset, she can't climb the tree due to her size, so she tried to catch Griffin's feet as she pawed at her. Who needs TV when you have goats?
 
Oh Ms. Lovey, what can I say, never a dull moment with this bird. She will get mud all over her beak, almost to the point of not being able to breath right because of it. We then have to chase her down and clean her beak, then the world is back to normal so we think, she then will proceed to swim in the dog water bowl, even though she has a Spring to swim in. Ducks, are crazy birds!
 
Yes, I have 2 more salt and pepper shakers! I really need to get help for my addiction, but they are so darn cute!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment