Thursday, March 20, 2014

It's Spring!!

Greated by such a beautiful thing.
 
This morning there was such a beautiful thing to great me, Sunshine coming through our front door. First day of Spring and yes, we had sunshine. Thank you Mother Nature!
I even didn't mind folding laundry today do to the sunshine coming through some blue wine bottles I had put in the window, they were so pretty. It was going to be a warm and pretty day!
Little did I know when I went out to feed this morning that, yes it looked pretty, but the wind would cut right through you. Shew it was cold. I didn't want to wear a jacket on the first day of Spring, so not fair! Even  with the wind, I was able for the first time to put clothes on the line. Yes, no more getting shocked by flannel PJ's from the dryer!
Another small joy today, was finding the daffodils trying to come up in the flower bed. It's official, Spring is here!

So even if the
wind was cutting through my sweater this morning there was joy to be found in the little things of Spring. I'll take it.
Ms. Red the chicken was with me. While all the rest of the flock was out digging around, she spent her morning under the heat lamp where her water jug was. The minute I went out to fill up the water she ran in to lay under the light. Smart chicken! I was then yelled at in chicken when I unplugged the light. I'm glad I don't speak chicken, because I don't think it was nice.
A barn critter I haven't introduced is Ms. Pico. This Winter she stayed in the Laundry room, her brother had passed away, so I felt bad having her stay out there by herself. Sweet cat, but a box of rocks for a brain, when it comes to hunting, ANYTHING! I have found Mr. Bayne with a mouse and he is literally handing it over to her, she has no clue and runs away! If you can picture the look of annoyance on a cat, well he had it. Really funny to watch. I keep hoping that natural instincts will kick in but she is 11, soooooo, I'll keep hoping :)
Girls, Jojo and Griffin, were happy to just lay in the sun all day, who wants to eat when you can sun bathe.
Well and Mr. Bayne, he was happy too, but decided to celebrate getting high on catnip! Crazy cat, he was loopy for hours.

 As I had said yesterday, I had gotten some sewing done. I finished a handbag that I had drawn out the design and cut, 3 years ago, but never got to sewing it. Well I found the pile of cut handbags when I straightened out my sewing room. Now I'm playing catch up on my sewing. Fun, fun, fun! I will have more pic's up soon on my Etsy store( The link is in items for sale), but I wanted everyone to see what I was up to in the sewing room. It's handbags! Just give me a couple of days to get it posted on my Etsy store. I have posted a little more information about the handbags on the "Item for sale" page, if you would like to know a little more.
 They will be on Etsy soon and available to buy.
Everyone I hope the first day of Spring was as enjoyable as it was for me. The season is upon us and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment