Friday, March 21, 2014

A Very Busy Weekend!

Another Beautiful Day!!!
 
 
When I left this morning Ms. Pico was sitting in the Barn door, sleeping. Sometimes I wish I could be a cat and sleep in the sun all day. It was just a beautiful morning, except for the fact of having to go to my old store today and watch them close it for good. Bitter sweet for me. I lose my job and friends, but in return I get to follow my dreams, that are my farm.
 
 
Girls started early this morning with our game of hide and seek. I believe this will be the on going game on Cranberry Acre until these two pass away. Never know where the eggs will be, but after I came home I found them in the doghouse.
No eggs there!
No, I ended up finding them behind the trash can again. I'm truly surprised that our barn doesn't smell like one big rotten egg, because there have been days that I know I haven't found them.
 
Luther wanted to make an appearance this afternoon as I walked around trying to locate chickens, so I took his picture. He just wanted to make sure he was noticed. Funny little man!
 
 
As I said it's a busy weekend. My baby boy, Wyatt, turns 11 on Sunday! Seems like he was a baby yesterday, but in truth he is turning into a young man and it's hard to see.
 
Also this weekend, on Saturday, I will be at the Matthews Living Farm Museum, at a Civil War Living History. 
My daughter, Ayla and I can't wait. Something about cooking on a fire and just detaching from the 21st century is just so nice. This hobby has been a great way to release the tensions of the every day life. I'm so happy that My dear Ayla has a love for it and I can share the knowledge of certain things that we don't always get a chance to do at home. Making History come alive I think is important for this generation of kids, they don't normally get a chance to interact with History like this. Everything is on TV, or on a computer, or even skipped in school, do to it's lack of importance in the eyes of a state test. It saddens me to think that a generation of children in my son's and daughters ages, will become detached from the lessons in our history. I just can't imagine and don't want to really. I'm blessed for these times and glad I get to share them with both of my children, even tho my oldest, Wyatt doesn't like to dress up, but he does like being there with everyone. Enough of me standing on a soapbox about our school system!
 
 I will have pictures up of the event maybe on Sunday.
 
( older picture of me at New Market event )
 
 
I wanted everyone to know that due to the very busy weekend, I will not be on here until probably Monday to get everyone caught up on the farm and to have pictures up of the event. I wish I could get some seeds started this weekend, but know there is no chance in that, with everything going on. I will probably have the seeds started early next week and will show everyone how I do this.
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment