Monday, March 17, 2014

Cold and Icy on the Farm

What a way to wake up in the morning!
 

First I will say at least we are not any farther up north, they got snow. I was not expecting this, since when we had gone to bed it was raining, and was 45 outside. Who would have thought school would be closed and my backyard would be a skating rink! I about feel on my rear getting pictures of the ice. Poor chickens and guineas are yelling about the situation. The goats, well they have expressed their discontent with it all by sticking their heads out of the barn to scream at me when they see me in the window. Like I can do anything about it!
Ice everywhere and I do believe it has gotten worse since we all woke up. Everyone pretty much has stayed in the barn waiting it out, I hate to tell them it's not the end. Three days until Spring, it's really hard to believe. My Christmas cactus is trying to fake itself out by all of the sudden blooming.
Bless it's heart!
Today has been a great day to look at all the seeds I have and see where to even begin this year with the garden. I have a mess of seeds to deal with. As I said on the "Garden" page, I have decided to grow everything I have to just get rid of it. Some are 2 years old, but we will see. I would rather try to grow them then throw them away seems a waste.
 
The pile just keeps growing!!

 
After going through it all, I believe I only need to buy a few things that I have run out of and find friends who want seed.
 A couple of Science project we will start today for the kids Science Fair and I have some sewing to do for the kids play. Since it is only 32 outside, I think we will stay inside with the wood stove, where it is warm.
 
UPDATE
 
I have posted some pictures of some items that I have re purposed on the "Re purpose, Reuse projects and other crafts", if you want to take a peak.
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment